5 points for a successful Ambush
How to avoid and survive a hijack
|Ranger orders from the Revolutionary War|
1. Set the ambush in a site you can move into and out of unobserved.
2. Use a night ambush if the mission can be accomplished by a short, intensive burst of fire.
3. Use a daytime ambush if a follow-up is required.
4. Choose a site where the terrain forces the enemy to bunch up.
5. Bear in mind that you may need a secondary ambush if enemy reinforcements can reach the scene quickly.
1. Travel with and airline that has no or few political enemies.
2. Do not wear Army or ex Army clothing.
3. Do not carry your luggage in service-issue kit bags or rucksacks.
4. If the plane is hijacked, keep quiet and do not draw attention to yourself.
5. Observe the terrorists/ activities very carefully: if you do escape you will be able to help the security forces.
1. Do not forget anything.
2. Have your rifle as clean as possible and be ready to march on a moments notice.
3. When you are on a march, act the way would wold if your were sneaking up on a deer. See the enemy first.
3. Tell the truth about what you see and what you do. There are men depending on you for correct information. You can lie all you please when you tell other folks about the Rangers but never lie to a Ranger or an office.
4 Never take a chance if you do not have to .
5. When on march march single file , far enough apart so one shot can not go through two men.
If we strike swamps or soft ground, spread out abreast so it is hard to track us.
When we march we keep moving til dark to give the enemy the least possible chance at us.
When we camp, half the party stays awake and the other half sleeps.
If we take prisoners, we keep them separate till we have time to examine them, so they can not cook up a story between them.
Do not ever march home the same way. Take a different route so you would not be ambushed.
No matter whether we travel in big parties or little ones, each party has to keep a scout 20 yards on each flank and 20 yards in the rear, so the main body can not be surprised and wiped out.
Every night you will be told where to meet if surrounded by a superior force.
Do not sit down or eat with out posting sentries.
Do not sleep beyond dawn.
Do not cross a river by a regular ford.
Do not stand up when the enemy is coming against you. Kneel down, lie down, hide behind a tree.
Let the enemy come until he is almost close enough to touch . Then let him have it. Finish him with a hatchet.