War is a matter of vital importance to the
people; the province of life or death, the road
to survival or ruin. It is mandatory that it be
2. It is a doctrine of war not to assume the
enemy will not come, but rather to rely upon
one's readiness to meet him; not to presume
he will not attack, but rather to make one's
3. Command is based on the qualities of wisdom, sincerity,
humanity, courage and
4. All warfare is based on deception.
5. Nothing is better than to protract things and
keep your enemy at a distance.
6. What is of the greatest importance in war is
extraordinary speed; one cannot aftord to
7. With many calculations, one can win; with
few, one cannot win.
Return to Home Page